EAST LANSING – The 16th Annual Summer Solstice Jazz Festival will make its way to downtown East Lansing June 22-23, featuring a high-caliber ensemble of local, regional and national jazz performers.
This two-day jazz event features free performances from 4:30-10:30 p.m. in downtown East Lansing. The festival is co-produced by the City of East Lansing, Wharton Center for Performing Arts and the MSU College of Music.
The free-to-the-community festival is staged under a large tent centrally located in the heart of downtown East Lansing in Parking Lot 1, on the corner of Albert Avenue and Abbot Road.
In addition to the main stage acts, two interlude performances round out each evening, featuring the Peter Nelson Quintet on Friday, June 22, and the Anthony Stanco Quartet on Saturday, June 23.
Click here for more information.
Schedule of Events
Friday, June 22
4:30 p.m. Detroit Tenors
- 6:00 p.m. Community Music School Jazz Orchestra
- 7:30 p.m. Wycliffe Gordon & Niki Haris
- 9:15 p.m. Ritmo
- After Glow LCC Faculty Group (10:45 p.m. at Mumbai)
Saturday, June 23
- 4:30 p.m. Neil Gordon Trio
- 6:00 p.m. Modern Jazz Messengers
- 7:30 p.m. Alexis Cole
- 9:15 p.m. East Lansing Summer Solstice Jazz Orchestra
- After Glow Diego Rivera Quartet (10:45 p.m. at Mumbai)